A title just above QUEEN
From the team @ The Interior Designer
Mother’s Day is such a wonderful time to celebrate our Mums and show them how much we love and appreciate them. We have some gorgeous pieces at The Interior Designer for gifts; however sometimes spending quality time with our loved ones is what she wants most. Whether she likes to stay in, venture out, get pampered or just relax, these are our top 10 things to show Mum how much you really care.
1. What about putting together a gorgeous picnic? Forget the noisy and over-priced restaurants and head to a beautiful spot with all of her favourite foods, wines and treats.
2. If your Mum loves the outdoors, a hike is the perfect way to start the day. There are so many places to explore and a great way to spend quality time together.
3. Mother’s Day is all about celebrating Mum’s and we love the idea of setting up a Mimosa Bar for her (or whatever her favourite cocktail is). Have all of the ingredients ready to go and be her own personal mixologist!
4. For the Mum who loves pampering, what better way to spend time together than going and getting a manicure and pedicure together (maybe even take a bottle of champagne to enjoy) whilst being pampered.
5. For the Mum who loves wine (isn’t that most of our Mum’s), a day trip to a winery is the perfect treat. Perhaps even take a picnic and enjoy a gorgeous day surrounded by scents and flavours. Be sure to purchase a bottle of wine to bring home for Mum to enjoy.
6. A fun suggestion is to have a chocolate tasting experience, whereby you choose a mixture of milk, white and dark chocolates and accompany them with different flavours such as strawberries or for fun – bacon! This is such an inexpensive, yet fun way to spend time together.
7. A Road Trip, make a playlist with Mum’s favourite songs, pack her favourite treats and hit the road! Choose a fabulous destination where you can enjoy a lovely lunch or dinner together and remember for this one, it truly is all about the journey, not the destination!
8. Another one of our favourite tips is taking a class together; this could be anything from a Thai cooking class, fudge making, flower arranging, candle-making or surfing! Choose something you know that she would love to learn and make a whole day of it together.
9. Enjoying time together cooking is always a lasting memory, why not choose her favourite dish and take the time to cook it together. You do all of the hard work and let Mum do as little as possible, but make sure it is a dish that you know ahead of time she will adore.
10. Go on an adventure, for our more adventurous Mum’s there are cave walks, skydiving, hot air ballooning, none of which are for the faint of heart. This is always a good one to have a chat to Mum about beforehand to ensure that it is something she actually wants to do and will go through with! So many fun adventures that you could do together.
Whatever you choose to do with Mum on Mother’s Day, be sure to remind her how amazing she really is and how much you appreciate all she does for you.
For more inspiration and helpful blogs, visit the experts today at www.theinteriordesigner.com.au