Designing Your Perfect Bedroom
You’ve spent a lot of time decorating your home, making sure everything matches and has a pleasing flow. But the bedroom has a set of rules all its own…namely, that you can break any of them! This is one room that doesn’t have to be pleasing to anyone but you, so you can really go wild and let your creativity shine through.
Here are some tips for designing your perfect bedroom:
- Dark hardwood floors or carpets add warmth to your room and add and elegant, classy touch.
- Avoid clutter! Find a home for everything, whether in decorative boxes or on floating shelves. This will make your room less chaotic and more relaxing.
- Customise your bedhead. Some people prefer artwork in their bedrooms, but others have fun making a creative and unique bedhead the focal point of the room. Whether you buy something fancy or create a DIY masterpiece, make your bedhead the crown jewel of your room.
- Add some colour and texture on the bed with cushions and throws.
- Try a dark wall, or walls. Like the dark floors, dark walls, or one dark accent wall, can add warmth and depth without being too distracting.
- This room is yours! You don’t need to make everything match. This is your place to mix colours, clash patterns, and experiment with textures. Go wild—this is your space!
- Try out soothing aromas. A few clusters of scented candles can make your room smell clean, delicious, woodsy, or floral. Whatever scent helps you unwind, light a candle to make your room into a haven of serenity.
- Embrace ambient light. We know that bright blue lights from our phones keep us awake and make us focus. This is great for your desk lamp, but not so much for your bedroom. Whether you use candles or low-wattage light bulbs, keep your bedroom light soft to help you relax.